- I started the year sat on a sand dune in the Sahara Desert with my man
- I didn't even know what a blog was (must have been walking around with my eyes shut, and just think what I was missing!). 127 blog posts later I am still loving it...
- I went to California for an art retreat, was inspired to start a blog and discovered a whole new world, to which I felt like I had belonged all along
I had a 'wow' Mondo Beyondo dreaming moment
Did that just happen? posted Monday 15 March
- I had a wonderful piece of bad luck when the ash cloud from an erupting Icelandic volcano stranded me in Geneva, giving me little choice but to hop on a train to Paris for an impromptu long weekend
'The most wonderful piece of bad luck' posted Friday 16 April
- My 33rd birthday gave me a great opportunity to look back over the many big changes of the past few years, and look forward to a new chapter in my life
'Looking back, looking forward, looking inward, looking outward' posted Wednesday 5 May
image: Francois d'Elbee (taken in Zambia)
... and posted the first Do What You Love interview, which was followed by a further 15 over the course of the year, with people like writer Danielle LaPorte and artist Claudine Hellmuth. More to come next year!
'The Time is Now: Do What You Love interview with Christina Sbarro' posted Sunday 9 May
- My man and I spent three dreamy weeks island hopping round Greece
'Barefoot in Greece' posted Saturday 19 June
- All the wishing worked and we moved into our new home
'We got our dreamy little new home!' posted Thursday 22 July
- I celebrated my six month blogiversary!
'Learning to paint Jesse Reno style + 6 month blogiversary' posted Tuesday 24 August
- I was lucky to be chosen as one of Britain's most exciting young entrepreneurs, and secured a place on a ground breaking business mentoring scheme run by a leading national magazine, pairing me with entrepreneur extraordinaire Kanya King, founder of the Mobo awards
'Exciting creative business news' posted Friday 3 September
Kanya King (image courtesy of Mobo)
... I went back to the US for another art retreat - bliss
'Reflections on Squam - I dreamed a dream' posted Friday 24 September
... and I was published on mega-design blog design*sponge
'Stop press! Published on design*sponge (eek!)' posted Wednesday 29 September
- I launched the second Great Big Stitched Postcard swap, which attracted 85 women from 13 countries on 5 continents, and forged many new connections across the creative world
posted Tuesday October 19
- I launched my new business venture, running art and creative enterprise retreats in the stunning English countryside
'Finally, announcing my new business venture' posted Monday November 25
- I met Prince William (what a charmer). Incidentally I also met David Beckham again that day, mmm...!
'The day I met the future King of England' posted Moday 6 December
... and I indulged in all the delights of Christmas preparations, and have loved every festive minute
'Countdown to Christmas#5: Throwing a Christmas dinner party' posted Friday 17 December
Thank you for sharing this road with me.
How was your 2010? Are you looking forward to 2011?
I can't wait, it is going to be a big year! See you there!