Drum roll please...
Welcome to the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap*! I would like celebrate my discovery of just how fun and easy it is to make stitched postcards by inviting you all to join in and post a bit of stitch love around the world! And you don't even need a sewing machine. Here's how it works. It's easy peasy.
1. You sign up by emailing your postal address and blog link to me at bethvnicholls at googlemail dot com (you are very welcome to join, wherever in the world you live). Please also leave a comment below, and tell everyone you are joining in! The deadline for this is Wednesday June 2.
2. Add the blog button to your site, tell all your friends you are doing it and encourage them to sign up - the more the merrier!
3. You create a lovely postcard using anything you want including a bit of sewing or hand stitching, with the theme 'TIME'. Use images, words, any kind of media. Go crazy! You have three weeks to do this from the sign-up deadline, so by Wednesday June 23.
4. By this time I will have emailed you the address of someone else in the group to post your postcard too. Please post it within the following week.
5. By the end of June you should have received your handmade postcard from somewhere else in the world, bringing with it some stitched love to warm up your day
6. Take a photo of it and post it in the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap Flickr Group, and on your blog if you have one
7. All postcards and blog links will be featured on the special Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap page, which will be archived
8. Check out everyone else's lovely creations, pat yourself on the back for your own and feel the kindship of being part of the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap!
* Thanks to Stella and Monica for the inspiration, and to Cathy for the advice
UPDATE JULY 2010: The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap has now closed. Thanks to everyone who joined in and made it so much fun! See our Flickr Group here for everyone's gorgeous creations! Check back in October when the project will open again