It’s back! We had so much fun with the last Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap that we're going to do it again. Thank you to all of you who demanded a re-run!
Essentially, this is all about celebrating the deliciousness of fabric, paper, ink, paint, thread and all the other materials we love, by creating a stitched postcard, and then sending it to someone on the other side of the world – and receiving one in return. What’s not to like?
This time our theme is HOME. You can interpret this is any way you like.
It is great fun to do, and amazing to see how different people interpret the theme in different ways. Anyone can get involved, it’s free, and you don’t even need a sewing machine.
PLUS this year we have a special giveaway! Everyone who joins the swap will automatically be entered - see this post for details. You have to be in it to win it, so get signed up!
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up by emailing your postal address and blog link (if you have one) to me at bethvnicholls at googlemail dot com. You are very welcome to join, wherever in the world you live. Please also leave a comment below, and tell everyone you are joining in! The deadline for this is Friday October 29.
2. Add the Swap Image to your site, tell all your friends you are doing it and encourage them to sign up - the more the merrier! (To do this, just save the top image above to your computer and upload it to your blog as a picture gadget, with a link to this page)
3. Create a lovely postcard using anything you want including a bit of sewing or hand stitching, with the theme 'HOME'. Use images, words, any kind of media. Go crazy! You have a fortnight from the sign-up deadline to do this, so by Friday November 12.
4. By this time I will have emailed you the address of someone else in the group to post your postcard too. Please post it within the following week.
5. By November 19 you should have received your handmade postcard from somewhere else in the world, bringing with it some stitched love to warm up your day
6. Take a photo of it and post it in the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap Flickr Group, and on your blog if you have one (You can join the group here)
7. A random selection of postcards and all blog links will be featured on the special Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap page, which will be archived, and I will do a big round up of all the lovely creations here at the end of November.
8. Check out everyone else's lovely creations, pat yourself on the back for your own and feel the kinship of being part of the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap!