NEW SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Welcome! Before you get comfortable - I have moved! Please come over to my new place, Do What You Love http://www.dowhatyouloveforlife.com/

Friday 3 September 2010

Exciting creative business news

Sometimes great things seem to drop from the sky just when you need them.  This is one of those times.

With huge good fortune I have been chosen as one of around 15 young female entrepreneurs to be part of a groundbreaking business mentoring programme run by a leading national glossy magazine here in the UK.  This awesome opportunity partners us with some of the country's most inspiring and successful businesswomen.

Kanya King (photo courtesy of MOBO)

I have been gifted the most amazing mentor - Kanya King, founder of the MOBO Awards, the largest urban music awards in Europe with a television audience of 250 million.  Kanya is a creative entrepreneur of quite astonishing energy, talent and courage.  She founded the awards 15 years ago, remortgaging her house to pay for it.  Since then Kanya has won over the music industry, negotiating major TV and sponsorship deals along the way, to turn MOBO into one of the high points of the annual music calendar.  Not only has it been a huge commercial success, but it has also become a shining light for social responsibility within the industry. 

I am so excited that we will be working together on branding and expansion of my creative business - and there are some seriously cool things in the pipeline which I will share with you here soon.  I will also use this space to share the many things I know I am going to learn from Kanya, so stay tuned, and get yourself some mentoring by proxy! 

***
This year's MOBO Awards will be held in the music mecca of Liverpool on October 20

12 comments:

  1. wow - how did that happen? did you enter a competition? I shall certainly look forward to what comes of it! Are you going to be in a magazine as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, that is such absolutely wonderful news. Congratulations. I can't wait to follow along on this part of your journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot wait to hear more! what an amazing opportunity, beth! congratulations! and thank you so much for sharing all of your wisdom and experiences!

    have a fabulous weekend!
    juliette

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! SUPER WOW!!! What an OUTSTANDING opportunity Beth! I am so thrilled for you. Looking forward to seeing this process unfold. Congratulations! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock Beth! I must say I am not surprised, from the tidbits here on your blog and from AAJ, I can easily say you are deserving of all that you have. I am super happy for you and can't wait to celebrate and hear even more from you in person in just a couple of weeks!!

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth that is so totally fantastic!!! What an amazing opportunity for you, I can't wait to hear about what you learn. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity both for you and for us to learn by proxy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations - can't wait to follow your journey.
    Great to meet you through BYW.
    I x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Beth, absolutely wonderful news! Congratulations and i can't wait to hear more! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO EXCITING. Your lovely creative self is going to be catapulted into a completely new path of yummy fabulousness, i can see it. Love to you and cant wait to follow your journey through this amazing mentoring relationship. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous news, but I can't say that I'm surprised. Having followed your blog since we met at the Journey early this year, you're so obviously talented and amazingly accomplished—you've earned this opportunity! I'm looking forward to seeing what new and exciting adventures await you--see you in February!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Tell me what you think...

Related Posts with Thumbnails