NEW SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Welcome! Before you get comfortable - I have moved! Please come over to my new place, Do What You Love http://www.dowhatyouloveforlife.com/

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap (2) - the round up!

Oh my oh my... what an incredible turnout for the second Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap.   Wow, what a turn out! We were joined by 85 lovely creative people from 13 countries (including 24 states of the US!) across 5 continents - with first time participation from Argentina, Puerto Rico and the Philippines! 

It was fascinating to see how people from so many different geographic locations, cultures and backgrounds interpreted the theme 'home'.  I was stunned by the gorgeous creations that were made with such care and sent out across the world to brighten up the day of a complete stranger.  You can see some of these in the random snapshot below, and there are more in the Flickr group here.  You can also learn more about some of the people involved by checking out their blogs - all listed here.


I received a lovely quirky postcard from Wendy of Inner Graffiti.  A little while before I had posted mine off to Marianne of SewRuffhaven in the USA.  Here's mine, made with fabric, ribbon, stamps, a metal charm, tissue paper, handmade khadi paper and stitch.  What do you think?



Thank you so much to everyone who took part. I hope you enjoyed making your postcard and receiving a piece of hand-stitched loveliness in the post!  If you blogged about it please share your link below so we can all pop over and have a look.


Look out for the next Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap in early Spring next year...


***

Newsflash!!   American painter Flora Bowley confirmed to teach at the Do What You Love art and creative enterprise retreat in England next May!  More details here - so exciting!



11 comments:

  1. They all look so wonderful! The postcard that you made is so lovely! Thank you for orchestrating the swap! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my postcard, but I know the mail moves quite slowly across continents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuddos to the hostest! This was a lot of fun. Nothing like the anticipation of mail art! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting this swap! I am still waiting... but I know it will come. I hope mine arrived in New Zealand! Looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for organising this. i have had a lot of fun both making and receiving my post card. Can't wait till the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing postcards all across the blogosphere and have been so impressed - looks like such fun! (Maybe I'll get over my fear of sewing in time for Spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks beth, once again, for organizing this fun project. though i am still awaiting the arrival of my card, i am already looking forward to creating the next one in the spring. hmm, what will the theme be???

    and i realize you are a very busy lady, but you wouldn't want to step this exercise up to a seasonal one??? think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm late, I was away on field work in Antarctica. I got my postcard from Bree when I got home. What a lovely treat to come home to. Thanks Bree.

    http://erinandstepheninnewzealand.blogspot.com/2010/12/great-big-postcard-swap-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Swap was fantastic. I love it form the first moment. Yout stitched poscards are gorgeous! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you, beth! it's been so sweet to see what everyone came up with! and so nice to get one in the mail too :)

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fantastic swap. Thank you so much for the work you put into organising such a fun project. I received the most beautiful card from Pam at uberstitch.
    Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Tell me what you think...

Related Posts with Thumbnails