NEW SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Welcome! Before you get comfortable - I have moved! Please come over to my new place, Do What You Love http://www.dowhatyouloveforlife.com/

Friday 31 December 2010

That was the year that was...



2010 was the year...
- I started a blog and discovered this incredible online creative community
- We moved into our new home
- I started a new business venture

I also travelled to three continents and got serendipitously stuck in Paris (yippee!).  It has been a happy year, with a rollercoaster of emotions in places, but mostly filled with adventure, fun, and new friendships.  Here is my year in blog posts, featuring the most 'significant' from each month.

***

JANUARY
- I started the year sat on a sand dune in the Sahara Desert with my man


- I didn't even know what a blog was (must have been walking around with my eyes shut, and just think what I was missing!).  127 blog posts later I am still loving it...

FEBRUARY
- I went to California for an art retreat, was inspired to start a blog and discovered a whole new world, to which I felt like I had belonged all along

'Tribal Gathering' posted Tuesday 27 February


MARCH -
I had a 'wow' Mondo Beyondo dreaming moment

Did that just happen?  posted Monday 15 March


APRIL
- I had a wonderful piece of bad luck when the ash cloud from an erupting Icelandic volcano stranded me in Geneva, giving me little choice but to hop on a train to Paris for an impromptu long weekend



MAY
- My 33rd birthday gave me a great opportunity to look back over the many big changes of the past few years, and look forward to a new chapter in my life


image: Francois d'Elbee (taken in Zambia)

... and posted the first Do What You Love interview, which was followed by a further 15 over the course of the year, with people like writer Danielle LaPorte and artist Claudine Hellmuth.  More to come next year! 



JUNE
- My man and I spent three dreamy weeks island hopping round Greece

'Barefoot in Greece' posted Saturday 19 June


JULY
- All the wishing worked and we moved into our new home

'We got our dreamy little new home!' posted Thursday 22 July


AUGUST
- I celebrated my six month blogiversary!



SEPTEMBER
- I was lucky to be chosen as one of Britain's most exciting young entrepreneurs, and secured a place on a ground breaking business mentoring scheme run by a leading national magazine, pairing me with entrepreneur extraordinaire Kanya King, founder of the Mobo awards

'Exciting creative business news' posted Friday 3 September

Kanya King (image courtesy of Mobo)

 ... I went back to the US for another art retreat - bliss
 
'Reflections on Squam - I dreamed a dream' posted Friday 24 September
 
 
... and I was published on mega-design blog design*sponge
 
'Stop press! Published on design*sponge (eek!)' posted Wednesday 29 September


 

OCTOBER
- I launched the second Great Big Stitched Postcard swap, which attracted 85 women from 13 countries on 5 continents, and forged many new connections across the creative world

posted Tuesday October 19


NOVEMBER
- I launched my new business venture, running art and creative enterprise retreats in the stunning English countryside



DECEMBER
- I met Prince William (what a charmer).  Incidentally I also met David Beckham again that day, mmm...!



... and I indulged in all the delights of Christmas preparations, and have loved every festive minute




Thank you for sharing this road with me.

***

How was your 2010?  Are you looking forward to 2011? 

I can't wait, it is going to be a big year! See you there!

***

8 comments:

  1. I am going to be taking Jesse's class in February too! I am so excited about it. I just started following your blog not too long ago and I didn't see your post about it until today. How fun! It will be great to meet with you in person! Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog from the Stretching Within Facebook group, This is a great post!! Congrats on your new business venture, I've dreamed of doing that same thing with retreats, who knows what the future will hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth - found you through Misty's group :-)
    What an amazing year you've had! Incidentally, I've heard of your stitched postcard swap before... just can't remember from where. It's a small world, isn't it? Looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year it has been! May we all have a blessed 2011! Looking forward to seeing you in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Beth. What an amazing year 2010 was for you. I have a feeling that 2011 will be just as incredible. Can't wait to follow along and see what you get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one cool girl Ms.Beth. So wonderful to see your remarkable moments unfold. I just know that the whole world is going to know your name someday. I'm just happy to have met the girl behind the name. Keep trusting your heart in all that you do. Can't wait to see you in Feb. and too see what 2011 has in store for you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what an amazing year you have had. I am so blessed we met. Cheers to an outstanding 2011 ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, i just love all of those photos! cheers to an amazing 2010 and all of the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Tell me what you think...

Related Posts with Thumbnails